Thank you for
your interest in Disney Consumer Products. To help you through the
licensee application process, we've outlined in detail what is required
for us to evaluate your proposal.
First, to qualify
to become a Disney Licensee, you must meet the following requirements:
Please note: Meeting these qualifications in no way implies
or guarantees that you will be granted a Disney license.
- Your company should have a minimum of five years experience
in any of or all of the three following business components: manufacturing,
distribution, and/or retailing.
- Your company should have five years prior experience in the
product category being proposed.
If you meet
the above criteria and have ideas for potential new Disney products
and you would like to become a Disney Licensee, please send us the
about your company
- Company name:
- Company address:
- Company Background - A brief introduction of your company
and joint-venture (if applicable), scope of business, size, annual
revenue, etc...... Does your company hold any other licensees?
- Company phone number:
- Executive contact:
- Key executive biographies:
- Past company experience in consumer products
- Manufacturing Base: The location where the products will
be manufactured. What are your production lead times?
- Distribution Channel: How and where do you plan to sell?
Through your own sales force or through local distributors?
State whether you sell to wholesales or retail. If you have
your own sales force, please provide number of salespersons,
retail channels/geographic areas covered and sales strategies.
- Retailing: If you are a retailer, what is your product range?
How many locations do you have and where are they located?
- Top line public financial information about your company:
- Short explanation of why you want to become a Disney Licensee:
- Send us your product catalog or sell sheets
- Product Information: Please specify what kind of products
and which Disney characters you are interested in?
- Marketing Schedule: When will the product be available in
the market place and how will they be launched? Please provide
a time table and advise us of your promotional plan and budget.
- Expected Sales Volume: Sales forecast for the first 24 months
- Pricing: Your ex-factory/wholesale price and your suggested
- Product Samples: Samples and catalogs to be delivered to
our office together with your business proposal.
- Proposed product category (see above for category descriptions):
- Do not send proprietary creative ideas
If you are located
in Australasia, please send to
Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited
Level 7, 650 Chapel Street
South Yarra, Victoria, Australia 3141
Please allow for
a reasonable period of time to receive a reply. Disney is not responsible
for lost submissions. No fax or email submissions will be accepted.
Be sure to include the line of business or product category you are
proposing in the "Attention" line.
For more information about Disney Consumer Products, please click here or call (03) 9832 6155.